Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Healthcare REIT IPO Waves

I've been spending a good portion of my time lately on my Honors thesis. By a "good portion," i mean hours and hours. To some, healthcare REIT IPO volume fluctuation may not be the most exciting thing in the world, but to others...well...it's not exciting to others, either.


Lines Composed Upon Watching Bourne Ultimatum

I think it would be nice to be a hit man
No forty hour a week grind
Or spreadsheets to worry about.
You just need a cell phone and a gun
A few passports, maybe, and an indistinguishable
Eastern European accent.

I’m sure I’d have good stories to tell,
At parties. Not that I could tell them, though
Because, then “I’d have to…”—you know.
But the health insurance is great, I hear,
And think of all the frequent flier miles I’d rack up.

But what would I do with all that down time?
Lying in a hotel, waiting for the text to come
With pictures and location of my next, uh, client
Might get pretty boring.

Do you think hit men watch soaps
Or yell at the screen when Ann Coulter comes on?
They must spend some of the time brushing up on languages and reading
How to Shoot a Machine Gun and Never Hit the Hero
For Dummies.


I can see how that life would get old. And stressful too,
Never knowing when that text will come and pull you away
From a Holiday Inn nap.

1 comment:

Amy_T said...

haha that is hilarious, i LOVE matt damon. he is the best hit man the world has ever seen.