Thursday, December 6, 2007

I laugh because I must not cry


Netsui means "enthusiasm" in Japanese. Enthusiasm, optimism, positivity--these are traits that I want to develop. To me, optimism is often a mark of faith. Of course there are going to be troubles, of course life will be hard, of course at times it will seem that the weather, your alarm clock, the cracks in the sidewalk, and even that funny sound that comes when the dryer has been on for ten minutes are all against you. But things will work out. Answers will come. Light will prevail.


It's up to me to make the best of all the opportunities that I'm given, but, more importantly, to help others find joy. So that's netsui. Enthusiasm towards life, the pursuit of joy, and the task to spread the joy and good news to others.

No comments: