Monday, December 10, 2007

In search of passion


Recent events have slapped me in the face and forced me to wake up. As hard as it is, life changes; the road your driving on gets icy and snowy and the windshield suddenly fogs up. With your vision dimmed, driving forward on the hope that you're going the right way and you're still in your lane and, the minor details of what song is playing on the radio or how cold your feet are don't seem to matter.


Or do they? With knuckles white and eyes focused, wouldn't it help to have your favorite song blasting and your feet warm?


I was talking to a girl named Whitney a week or two ago. She said she was dating a guy who didn't seem to have a passion for anything. My accounting ears perked and the "too close to home" radar started beeping. Was I the same way? What are my passions in life? How can I be a more passionate person?


The philosopher Hegel once said:
"We may affirm absolutely that nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion."


And so my search in the next few days is to reexamine myself, find my passions, create new goals, and enjoy every minute I'm out on the road, be it in a blizzard or a Wal*Mart parking lot.


No comments: